You are about to stay in one of New York City's hottest and most convenient neighborhoods - Long Island City. Extended Stay LIC is three blocks from the East River and accessible to Manhattan in just one subway stop.
But, there's plenty to do in Long Island City:
Restaurants, MoMA PS1, art galleries, bars, boutiques, groceries, indoor rock climbing, waterfront park, biking, a park with courts and soccer field directly across the street...
Getting around couldn't be easier.
Subway stations within two blocks are the E, M, 7, G.
- E & M are one stop into midtown Manhattan at Lexington Avenue & 53rd Street. And, both lines take you to Penn Station for the Long Island Railroad and NJ Transit. Go in the other direction, towards Queens, and you can connect to La Guardia and JFK airports, and the Long Island Railroad.
- 7 is just three stops to Grand Central Terminal and it connects to every subway line in Manhattan as it travels along 42nd Street to Times Square. And, connects to MetroNorth trains to update New York and Connecticut. Go in the other direction, towards Queens, and you can connect to La Guardia airport and CitiField (AKA Shea Stadium).
- G subway line goes from Long Island City into Brooklyn and does not enter Manhattan.
- MetroNorth leaves from Grand Central (three stops via the 7 train) and takes you to upstate New York and Connecticut.
- Long Island Railroad leaves from Penn Station (six stops via the E train).
- New Jersey Transit leaves from Penn Station (six stops via the E train).
- Amtrak leaves from Penn Station (six stops via the E train).
- PATH trains travel within New Jersey and leaves from a station with connections to the M subway train.
- Not into Uber or Lyft? Cabs are plentiful in Long Island City with availability from the iconic NYC yellow cabs, the green cabs (Boro Taxis) and what are commonly known as "black cars" by locals (dial up car and limo services).
- NYC Bike Share (AKA CitiBike) bike station is directly across the street from the apartment in Murray Park.
Walk to work at Silvercup Studios, Citi, United Nations Federal Credit Union, JetBlue, Steve Madden, RCN, MetLife...
Walk Score: 97
A "walker's paradise" based on proximity to dining/drinking, shopping, groceries, parks, culture and entertainment.
Transit Score: 100
A "rider's paradise" with "world-class public transportation".
Bike Score: 72
"Very bikeable" with excellent bike lanes